Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

True Friends

When you're in high school, everyone tells you to cherish your friendships for those four years because, after that, most of them end.
I disagree with that.
I have found that the friendships don't end after you graduate, you just found out which ones were truly there to begin with.
All of the friendships I have lost after high school started disintegrating before we even graduated.
I feel closer to some of my friends from high school now than I even did before.

Most people say that the friends that matter will stick around, but that's not necessarily true either.
Some of those people that you thought mattered will surprise you, in good ways and bad.

I don't really think that the friendships end.
I think that they begin.

I've known one of my best friends for about 11-12 years now, and we have definitely had our ups and downs, but we have been there for each other through everything.
Throughout our friendship, we didn't talk all the time.
We were both really involved in different activities, and we would catch up when we could, but we were never those inseparable friends.
Yet, when we talk, it doesn't feel different at all no matter how long it has been, which is nice.

Actually, I have a few friends like this.

I recently started catching up with one of my old friends, and I feel like we have always gotten along really well and had a lot in common. I feel like I'm almost getting a new friendship out of it because we're talking more now than we did before!

I feel like all of the friends I've had throughout the years are going to be lifelong friends, whether we talk once a day, week, month, or year.
And the point of this post was to tell ya'll that I miss you!!!

I've realized just how much all of you guys mean to me, and I want to give all of my true friends a big "I love you, be happy" shout-out!
 Live, Love, and Let it Sparkle,
Stephanie<3

No comments:

Post a Comment